The AEROSPHERE project. The airport of things” was carried out at the airport in Kąkolewo, town poviat, commune of Grodzisk Wielkopolski.
The subject of the project was the construction and purchase of research and development infrastructure in order to increase the research potential of the Poznan University of Technology and the Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center (PSNC) related to 12 areas and 23 research tasks in three main innovative research areas, i.e.:
- operation of the UAV/MAV (unmanned aerial vehicle/manned aerial vehicle) and the space of the R&D laboratory, within which research and development works are carried out,
- areas of UAV/MAV application, within which research and development works are carried out,
- safety and security of airport operation, under which research and development works are carried out.
Scope of the project included:
Construction works, including:
- Construction of 2 hangars with research and development facilities,
- Purchase and installation of the infrastructure for intelligent monitoring and management of the research space and the airport's technical facilities.
Purchase of fixed assets necessary to equip with research and development equipment, including the purchase of:
- robots, flying vehicles, mobile platforms,
- processing devices (sets of hardware and software systems modeled on nervous systems and hardware accelerators),
- measuring devices,
- manufacturing equipment,
- airport infrastructure,
- augmented reality vision systems,
- vision systems for flight trajectory analysis,
- sensors and data acquisition systems.
Intangible assets - licenses for:
- a system for tracking and mapping the location of aircraft in space,
- packages of dedicated software supporting the processing and analysis of data from UAV flights, including software for planning and executing UAV flights, software for analyzing/connecting 2D/3D photos with UAVs.
The project contributed to increasing the potential of PSNC and the Poznan University of Technology for providing innovative solutions, products, services and processes for enterprises operating within the smart specializations of Wielkopolska. The infrastructure created as a result of the project is available on general terms to all entities willing to cooperate in the areas for which AEROSHERE has been established.
Poznan University of Technology
European Regional Development Fund
Total value of the project: 21 741 480 PLN
EU contribution: 13 078 799.43 PLN