The project included construction works related to the extension and adaptation of the old gasworks to become the Krobia Centre of Social Services, purchase of equipment and promotion of the project.
The gasworks was constructed around 1910. The building served as the municipal gasworks, producing gas from hard coal, used to illuminate apartments and streets in the town. In 1976, as a result of popularization of natural gas, production ceased and the gasworks was closed. Since then, the building stood empty and dilapidated.
Thanks to the EU subsidy, the building underwent a thorough renovation and was adapted to the needs of people with disabilities. However, its historical and architectural values have been preserved.
In the modernized building, there are, among others, two protected apartments, senior club rooms, Support Centre for Actual Carers, offices, rooms and workshops. There is also a modern terrace at guests' disposal.
European Regional Development Fund.
The photo shows the renovated building of the Krobia Center of Social Services.